09 March 2010

Menfolk in the sunshine

The other day Joel got to go to work late so he started carving some wooden handlebars for his bike.




It was such a beautiful day in the sunshine and the three of us got to hang out for a little while.




Today it was not so beautiful and warm. It was the coldest day we've had in about a week and rainy and sad to boot. Needless to say that while I've been getting over being sick I stayed inside and worked on my thesis. This is a prototype/sample of what my next garment is going to look like, or at least the surface. This is felted (natural grey and white) wool on silk organza.



I'm not convinced about the circles but I feel like otherwise it just looks like a giraffe. I don't know yet quite what to do but I'm hopefully going to get the form laid out and pinned tomorrow. We'll see! I'll keep you updated about how that goes.

No comments: