03 August 2009

PS on Fecundity

I also forgot to mention that yesterday Joel, Clara and I rode our bikes to Evergreen Church only to find that their meeting place was holding the Hottest Day of the Year Ride starting place! I was disappointed at first but then we decided to part ways, Clara went to Powell's Bookstore and Joel and I set off to ride up to the St. John's bridge. This idea quickly turned into a 17 mile ride!



It was a lot of fun and we were home by 12.30, one of the more amazing feats of my life. I don't think I would have ever opted for a 2.5 hour bike ride starting at 10.00 by choice (though it was my idea to a.) go to church and b.) ride all the way up to St. John's). But all in all it wasn't very strenuous beside the climb up to the bridge (a minor portion in context of the whole ride). And as we were riding back down from St. John's we saw the Hottest Day Riders again -- they're hard to miss when they ride en masse.

And then in the evening we had carne asada/fajitas with the rib-eye steak we got from the food church. The steak, lemons, bell peppers, onions and tomatoes all came from there! It was quite a delicious and satisfying feast.



I also added some mung bean sprouts that I started myself! I got the mung beans at the bulk foods area of Whole Foods and started them a couple days ago. They have a really fresh and clean taste with hints of nuts, they crunch really nicely and they are packed full of good things (to help the baby seed grow).


No comments: