13 February 2008

Bare Feet

Recently I've taken to taking off my shoes no matter where I am -- school, church, home, car, etc. And I don't wear any socks anymore either so sometimes this has been an issue, or perhaps not an "issue" as that tends to have negative connotations but a conversational topic. At school my teachers comment on how, "That seems like its really nice. In fact, I'd like to do that too...but its unprofessional." And I'm wondering, "What's stopping you? The professional professor police? I think not!" And while at church, my mom keeps saying to me, "Hannah, put your shoes on." And, I'm ornery, "Why?" But whatever, I intend to keep doing life barefoot as much as possible. Granted that means if I ever work in food again I'm going to have to wear shoes for that. And to be honest, no I'm going to be a barefootie all the time. But it sure is nice.

I don't have a whole lot this week. I will, however, be starting another blog on desert clean-up and conservation. Inspired by my last post and required by my Environmental Biology class. Essentially the requirements are to keep a journal on efforts to make our environment better. For some people that means starting a compost pile (check) or recycling (check). So I decided after my last post that I was going to focus on bettering the desert. Not original, I know, but its what I want to focus on. I don't know if I'm going to turn the collected objects into a sculpture project or just put it in the trash, a better place, but not the best. I just wish we didn't create things that aren't biodegradable/recyclable, not to mention waste. So this is what I'm going to do... take care of this mess:






Lately, my potato plant has been growing like crazy, the roots are multiplying by the hour it seems and everything else seems to be going at the same rate. Here are some photos of the recent sproutings:





No comments: