01 March 2008

Leap Day 2008

Yesterday was Leap Day! Did you jump? I had a particularly good leap day. I felt very accomplished. I rode my bike for a couple miles, drove the car at night (I don't have my license yet! I'm learning), made CD cases, and cleaned my room and my brother's room cause he was coming home -- Happy Birthday Isaac!

Lately I've been working on making CD cases. They're a lot of fun. I've been sending CDs to friends of mixes and its so much fun! These are the two that I've been work on lately, they're both the front and back of the cases.

Case 1



Case 2



Yesterday I bought another succulent. And I could have found out what kind it was but I pulled the tag off and threw it in the trash before I realised thats where the name of it was. So I felt kind of like a jerk. But here's my nameless plant.




And I've also been working on a project of tubes. Let me explain, I'm making all kinds of tubes in different sizes, diameters, heights, etc., and different materials. So far I've made a woven paper tube thats about 10" tall.



And a crocheted tube thats about 20" long and 6" in diameter.



So, thats what I've been working on in the last couples days. I've been having a lot of fun with it. Its been nice to create things while I'm not in school (well, art school. I'm still at AVC). I did most of the crocheted tube while I was in math class and I'm still banking on an A, ha. Its such a terrible class. But in general I'm feeling very accomplished in spite of my current circumstances. Life is fun right now. :0)

No comments: